Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jump On It!

I thought that as a teacher, I would utilize all the knowledge I learned from all the research I studied in my linguistics and education classes in college. Instead, I find myself utilizing skills from every area of my life BUT my classes.

Case in point: I have somehow become the adviser for our department's dance club. I thought I would just have to oversee it and let the student leaders do their thing.

Nope.

I find that not only do I have to learn the dances, I also have to teach them!

So of course, I started off simple. I thought teaching them the Jump On It dance, as seen in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, would be a good introduction to dance and to western culture...


Looks like we've got a long ways to go...

1 comment:

  1. This is priceless! I think you've gotta go for a classic next...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN62PAKoBfE

    --Leslie

    ReplyDelete